We review each application individually, but there are a few requirements our team looks for when approving applications. Here are the things you’ll need to qualify for Divvy.
- A FICO score of at least 550*: All applicants need to pass a soft credit check—this won’t affect your credit score. We’ll look at your FICO score, recent loan delinquencies, and any foreclosures or bankruptcies**.
In some cases, a soft credit check might not provide Divvy with enough information to determine your eligibility. If this happens, we’ll reach out and explain how to move forward.
* Be aware that not all FICO scores are calculated the same way—we use Experian as our credit bureau. Your score through your credit card company or third-party service could appear differently. Our credit requirements are also subject to change at any time.
** We are still able to move forward if a bankruptcy has been cleared for more than one year - if you meet the necessary FICO score requirement of 641 or more. If you do not, the bankruptcy would need to be cleared for two years.
- A minimum monthly household income of $2,500: You can add a co-applicant during the application process. The exact minimum required income will depend on your current debt levels and home prices in your desired metro area.
- 3 months of verifiable income: We look for 3 months of steady income. You’re able to add multiple income sources including self-employment. Just know that self-employed income can take a little longer to verify.
- Background check: We run a background check to determine your rental history and criminal background. For criminal background checks, we evaluate the recency and severity of any convictions.
- A government-issued photo ID
Ready to start your homeownership journey? Apply today!