- Help Center
- Agent Help Center
- Offers, Closing and Payments
How does the Divvy program work?
What do I need to apply?
How do I find a Divvy home?
How does the purchase process work?
What is the inspection process for a Divvy Home?
How do I manage my payments and home savings?
How does home maintenance with Divvy Homes work?
What is the closing process for a Divvy Home?
How do I purchase the home from Divvy?
- How do I get ready to purchase my Divvy home?
- How do I start the purchase process?
- What are the lender and title company requirements when purchasing the home from Divvy??
- What happens to my Divvy savings, home value, and rent payments during the purchase process??
- What happens during the closing when I purchase the Divvy home??
Agent Help Center
Is the buyer responsible for their own earnest money to secure the home?
No*. Divvy is the buyer, so Divvy will pay the earnest money for the transaction.
The customer is however responsible for paying an offer deposit ($500) that goes directly towards their initial home savings contribution. The payment indicates that they are committed to moving into the home if the offer is accepted, and is collected by Divvy before the offer is extended.
* Exception: New Construction homes, learn more about that here.