If your mortgage lender appraises the value of the home for less than your purchase price, please note that the purchase prices are non-negotiable. However, you have a few options:
- Submit the appraisal report to Divvy at email@example.com for review and allow Divvy to provide additional comps (if available) to help you contest the appraisal results.
- At closing, you may pay the difference in price between the appraisal price and your purchase price.
- If your lender allows you to do so, you may seek a second appraisal opinion and/or seek alternate mortgage financing.
- Postpone the purchase process, which may allow the home to further appreciate.*
* This is solely intended for informational purposes. Home values and appreciation are dependent on many factors, including, but not limited to, buyer demand, interest rates, and local market factors. Divvy neither warrants nor guarantees that a home’s value will appreciate.