Divvy wants to purchase every home at the most responsible possible price for our customers.
Why? Because the price we pay for a home is the most critical factor impacting your monthly payments, initial home savings contribution (or down payment), and your buyback price when you’re ready to repurchase the home.
We look at a number of factors to determine the most competitive offer price, including:
- Comparable nearby homes and recent sales in the area
- Intel from our partner agents on the ground
- Constant monitoring of market trends and dynamics
- Our team’s valuable knowledge of the home buying market
By looking at all this information, we’re able to determine the fair market value of the home and create a bidding strategy that ensures we make a competitive offer from the outset.
While we always do our best to win every home negotiation on behalf of our customers, sometimes it might not make sense for Divvy to make an offer on a specific property or we may be unwilling to meet a price demanded by the seller. This could be due to several factors, including:
- Unreasonable pricing or requests by the seller
- Market dynamics that inflate prices beyond customer budget constraints
We’ve found that it typically takes more than one offer to secure your perfect home, so we value your patience during this exciting time!
If you are ready to move forward with the process, submit an application to get pre-qualified here. If you want to learn more about Divvy, check out our blog or take a look at our “How it Works” page.